Wednesday, July 9, 2008

"Walk out..."

Last night a couple friends and I went to see the movie Hancock. Lets just say, I was deeply convicted. It was weird though. I'm so thankful- because God's been showing me what I haven't been doing that is keeping me from walking more closely with Him. I haven't been walking away. Of course the conviction didn't feel too hot, but I'm still so encouraged that God hasn't given up on me. I know He won't, but every time He changes me, although it doesn't feel great in the process, He's making me more lovely in His sight, more pleasing, more holy, just like Him.

Anyways, while I was walking out of the theater I was somewhat disgusted. I was upset at myself because I didn't walk out. I kept asking myself, why did I not walk out? Why did I just sit there and listen to the filthy language and see the immodesty and not separate myself from that which is unclean? And my friend, thats just the very small part of the conviction... The biggest part was the response I got from God. He told me that it was simply because I was so accustomed to following my brothers and sisters in Christ, that I shrugged off His voice telling me to leave. Somehow, I had become used to following the lead of my Christian peers that I didn't allow the voice of God to dictate my decisions. "Separate yourself. This is not pleasing in My sight."

soooo! Lesson learned: Listen to the voice of God, even when your Christian friends don't. Also, be wise when you choose to watch a movie. Check out the ratings and read reviews and if your not sure.... Just DON'T GO.

What a wonderful thing the conviction of God is... C:

1 comment:

In Christ Alone said...

I felt the say way but didnt do what God wanted me to do. But i just need to get up and walk out next time or anything God pull on my heart for anything...


-The city Boy