Saturday, July 19, 2008

No formal God...

-"The more I seek You" by Gateway Worship

The more I seek You,
the more I find You.
The more I find You,
the more I love You.

I want to sit at Your feet
Drink from the cup in Your hands
Lean back against You and breathe
Feel Your heart beat
This love is so deep
Its more than I can stand
I melt in Your peace
Its overwhelming

What God's been reminding me of this past week or two is that He is no formal God! Yes, God is mighty, holy, far far far above me, perfect in everything.. But for a really long time satan was trying to get me in the mindset that God is strictly formal. I was listening to the song I posted above about a week ago and it hit me hard... There is nothing formal about my relationship with God. I don't have to plan a meeting with my savior to discuss "business matters." There had been times in past where i just seriously needed to spill to someone all of my frustrations and all of my struggles and all of my anxieties and etc. God reminded me that He wants me to spill my heart out to Him. He wants me to "Cast my cares upon Him, for He cares for me." And when I become so anxious or worried about something so little and non-detrimental in the eyes of God, He wants me- without an appointment- to "Be anxious in nothing, but with everything by prayer and supplications, let my requests be made known to God, and His peace, which surpasses all comprehension will guard my heart and mind through Christ Jesus." The crazy part is that... All of these scriptures I knew! All of these things I knew! It just goes to show that God's word is so encouraging and can consistently remind me of the right way!

1 comment:

Abbie said...

Hey!
That's really encouraging! I am still praying for you.
grace to you to finish the race