Thursday, July 3, 2008

<3

Untitled

I’ve been down the road of painful decisions

I’ve been the girl with no common sense

I’ve failed to use the knowledge I’m given

But now I’m thankful that ‘I’ve been”s past tense

I’ve carried the burden of losing perfection

I’ve thrown around my God-given grace

I’ve watered down the truth of the gospel

I’ve made the name of Christ a disgrace

I’ve felt the pains from a broken heart

I’ve been guilty of having a fickle mind

I’ve been torn in two, and made the wrong choice

But in my defense, I was blind

Sin is common, love is rare

Grace is unfailing, my will is my decision

The moment my will lined up with the Father

The clearest thing was my 20/20 vision

I feel as though I’m looking through

The eyes of God, upon the world

My heart hurts in whole new ways

The heart of God has given me grace

Down the road of trial and error

I know my heart is safe in His hands

Because it belongs to Christ, my father

He has given me a reason to dance

Hallelujah, God is good.

His quiet waters are my delight

Now in every one of these dark places

Shines His everlasting light

No comments: