Sunday, July 13, 2008

An update

Saturday I spent the evening with some people that I love and we hung out downtown at Arts Fest. It was fun, even though by the time we found a parking space and walked around, all the boutiques were closing up. Walking around, drinking 6$ lemonade that wasn't even worth 6$ that I didn't pay for (=D) and sharing a root beer snow cone with Bev all while carrying a squirmy little red haired being on my back made the whole evening worthwhile.. And those are just a few fun things to name. So currently I am in Queens at Jamel's parents house and I'm staying here till Wednesday morning. Sunday was fun! We drove up to Nyc for the morning service, which was awesome. I wish I was more awake and attentive than I had been though because I found out at the last minute the night before that I could stay here till wednesday so I had to pack. Jamel and his family were supposed to get back from their cruise today, but their cruise let them off the boat an hour and a half late, which caused them to miss their flight to Atlanta, Ga. so they were on standby. Actually, everything available was pushed back or delayed... So while they were trying to find a way back home, Elmer and I were chatting up a storm about things pertaining to godliness... And partaking in none other than my two most favorite liquid/solids on this planet (Chicken and Dr.Pepper) Jamel and his sis were the only ones that were willing to pay 65$ to take a business flight back to Nyc, and we picked them up at the airport around 8 pm, after waiting for almost an hour and a half... Just to locate them. Tomorrow we're heading to the Bronx where Jamels gonna show me the cheap ghetto wear that apparently costs only a couple dollars... And Tuesday we're going to another service at TSC. Yay! I'm excited. I hope none of you all worried when I wasn't at church, i was still in church, just one 4 hours away! See some of yall on Wednesday.

Thank you to those who gave me some encouragement within the past couple days. Christ is all I need and all thats worth living for.

Clinging to Christ, Keeping the faith, Finishing the race!
- Kaitlin.

No comments: